Metrics provide the ability to log and visualise the value of a particular property of a particular device over time.
To add a metric:
- Navigate to the "Analytics" view in the main menu
- Click the "+" button at the bottom right of the screen
- Enter a name for the metric, e.g. "Lobby Temperature"
- Select the device to which the property of interest belongs
- Select the property of the device to log
- Enter the retention period (the period of time for which saved values are retained)
- Click the "Add" button
Empty metrics view
Add metric dialog
Populated add metric dialog
Technical Note: Metrics currently only support numerical properties (i.e. those with a
integer). Properties can only be logged if they provide an
observepropertyoperation conforming to the HTTP SSE Profile.